Re: files in updates.img not being implemented

On 12/03/2009 11:52 AM, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
Hi Peter,

If the file you've changed is in a directory relative to the main script
I have found that sometimes you need to include the whole directory in
the updates.img. I'd say that this is because python loads other modules
from the same package first and only finds them where stage2.img is
mounted so when your module is imported python uses the original
directory again.

Ales

A colleague just explained to me that this is not true for those files that are not a part of another module (i.e. package). Yours is one of those files and so should really be stored in the updates.img's toplevel.

Ales