Re: PATCH fix 510970, 529551, 530541

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 13:12 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> If I understood Chris correctly we already remove /boot/upgrades before we
> enter the part of the installer where the amount of freespace in /boot matters,
> so your patch should not make a difference. If it does then we are currently
> not doing what Chris thinks we are doing.

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't find any reference to removing
install.img from /boot/upgrade in the anaconda sources.

> So for this part of your patchset
> it would be good to find out where and when exactly /boot/upgrades is getting
> cleared with the current code, and if that is too late, move the clearing, instead
> of adding pretty much the same clearing code a second time.

I fully agree, why reinvent the wheel, but I can't see where
that should be happening, hence the patch. I believe the only
place that /boot/upgrade is touched is in the %post part of
preupgrade's kickstart file.

Jerry