Re: DriverDisc v3 integration

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Martin Sivak <msivak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry no task based patches this time.
>
> I needed to post it this way as partners want to apply it and test it. I can give you access to the git repo, so you can see the patch flow, but managing twenty (or so) email threads + all replies is not really comfortable... Especially when there is a lot of backporting, prototyping and stub filling going on in the source.

Task based patches are the *only* way to be able to sanely review and
integrate patches.  If someone randomly came and dropped a patch like
this on the list, we'd tell them to please reformat their patches and
send them correctly.  Why do you for some reason get a pass on that?
Deadlines are not a compelling reason; if anything, a deadline makes
it even more important to get them sorted out and posted in an easy to
review format as there's less room for errors.

- Jeremy