Re: Fedora 12 kickstart and proxy

Chris Lumens wrote:

>> Is there any way to get proxy support?
>
> No.

Thanks for the reply. I've made a bit of a hacky workaround for doing this
if you have apache and squid servers:

# this makes /fedoraproxy a (reverse) proxy to fedora mirror
# it passes the requests through squid (port 3128) to act as a cache
ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from somewhere.domain
Allow from localhost
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /fedoraproxy http://fedora.mirror.url/mirrors/fedora/linux
ProxyRemote http http://localhost:3128/
ProxyVia Full

This seems to work quite nicely. It proxies the fedora repository, but uses
the local squid to cache the data.

It would be nice to have chvt if it could be added back to anaconda. We have
some sanity checks in the %pre script. At the moment it just hangs the
install as there's no way of notifying the user.

Perhaps some sort of anaconda-notify program would be useful, to pop up a
window in the install. It might be even useful to pop up a simple dialog to
get a line of data.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <jss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>   http://www-xray.ast.cam.ac.uk/~jss/
X-Ray Group, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, UK.