Re: PATCH fix 510970, 529551, 530541

Hi,

On 11/23/2009 04:41 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
Cool, then the question is at what amount of ram should this kick in at,
I went with MIN_GUI_RAM.

That sounds reasonable. Maybe want to do use something like MIN_GUI_RAM + 100MB,
so as to have atleast MIN_GUI_RAM free when the install.img (which is approx
100Mb) lives in RAM.

I don't like this one bit.  Sure, today it's ~ 100 MB, but what about in
two years when it's more like ~ 150 MB and no one remembers this needs
updating?  Because I guarantee, no one will remember.

Also, you're introducing another memory limit besides MIN_GUI_RAM that
will mean a different set of behavior happens at some random memory
threshold.

So you suggest we just use MIN_GUI_RAM, or are you against the idea
of transfering install.img from /tmp to disk in low memory situations in
general ?

Regards,

Hans