[Fwd: Fedora 12 Three-clicks Experience]

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Jason D. Clinton <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-desktop-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fedora 12 Three-clicks Experience
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:22:57 -0600

The other half of the email I sent a moment ago:

---

Again, just some observations; overall, the experience is wonderful.

First boot: no problems; looks great. Maybe should offer to auto-login
new user.

GDM: for my encrypted harddrive use-case: I just entered my password to
unlock the HDD, why do I have to enter it again to log in?

Fonts: LCD panel wasn't detected for sub-pixel rendering; fonts are
blurry by default. Overall font quality is poor in contrast to default
install of competitors' distros.

Nit-pick: bash-completion isn't installed by default.

Printing: Preferences > Default Printer and Administration > Printing is
confusing. Perhaps renaming Preferences to User Settings and
Administration to Administrator Settings would clarify.

Video codecs: no offer or mention of RPMfusion in contrast to
competitors' distros. (fails the apple.com/trailers test)

Flash: Not offered to install in contrast to competitors' distros. (Only
tried 64-bit Ubuntu as comparison here.)

Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating