Problem with disk enumeration in Anaconda 1.4.1.63?

Hello List,
  I've recently been seeing a problem that I cannot figure out.  We
have an appliance that runs Fedora 10, and we install this appliance
via Anaconda 1.4.1.63.  During an install, we will occasionally see
the following error: "Specified nonexistent disk sdd in driveorder
command".  The user is then left with no option but to reboot and try
again.  It usually succeeds after the reboot, but lately, I've seen it
fail 5 or more times in a row.

  So, the error is straightforward, but I'm not sure why I'm seeing
it.  If I look at the generated driveorder directive in the bootloader
command, I see that it is set to the following: "bootloader --
location=mbr --driveorder=sdd,sda,sdb,sdc,sde".  An "fdisk -l"
confirms the existence of all 5 drives, as does /proc/partitions.  I'm
at a loss here.  Has anyone run across this?  I don't see why it
should fail, but is doing it fairly frequently.

Thank you,
  Jason Maestri

--
Jason C. Maestri
Senior Software Engineer

http://www.soleranetworks.com

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.  You should not retain copy or use this e-mail for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.