Re: Issues with dracut and network device naming

Harald Hoyer wrote:
[snip]
So I would like to propose another solution for this, allow specifying
both an interface-name and a mac with ip=, and then have the dracut
generated rules do the rename and init. This way problems 3) and 4)
above are solved, and we can easily also write the mac address to
grub.conf from anaconda when generating the ip= cmdline.

yes, sane solution .. +1
Yes, +1 as well. I'd vote for not doing this inside the ip= parameter, but use something like ifname=iface:mac.