Re: RFC: keep / remove the use update repo checkbox

Hi,

On 08/10/2009 06:05 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 16:35 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
Ok, so to get things clear, we do still not support (*) using the
updates repo during
the installation, right?

*) In as far as we support anything in Fedora.

It should be supported in anything other than split media installs.  The
base known problem with adding updates repos is that when doing split
media installs, each split media has to be a single transaction of
itself.  Then the external repos are handled as a final transaction.
The problem happens when the external repo replaces one of the packages
in the split media.  They end up getting skipped during the media
transaction, which will cause no end of %post failures.

However, when the updates repo can be handled in the same transaction as
the rest of the repos (like any form of network based install)
everything should run smoothly and it should be supported.

Ok, good to know, do we still allow for split media installs? I know fedora
unity does it, but do we?

Regards,

Hans