RFC: nodmraid option -> nobiosraid option ?

Hi all,

I'm working on fixing the nodmraid option in anaconda (#499733),
which got disabled in the F-11 rewrite.

This option can be used by people with stale BIOS RAID metadata
to make anaconda (and mkinitrd/dracut and rc.sysinit) ignore that
metadata, allowing them to install (and run) without problems.

With Fedora-12 however we will be using mdraid for Intel BIOS RAID,
so the nodmraid option name is no longer valid, I see 3 ways to solve
this:

1) Just interpret nodmraid as nobiosraid and be done with it

2) Add a nobiosraid option, and make nodmraid the equivalent
   of nobiosraid code wise

3) Add a nobiosraid option which ignores all biosraid, and
   keep nodmraid and interpret it exactly as what it says, iow it
   will no longer work to ignore for Intel BIOS raid

As more BIOS RAID types may be moving to mdraid I think that option 3
is a bad idea, as people who are now using nodmraid will all of a
sudden have anaconda no longer finding their disks / have F-# after an
update through yum no longer find their disks. Starting with a large
group of people with (stale) Intel BIOS RAID metadata.

So this leaves options 1 and 2 IMHO, where I vote for 2, then we can start
documenting 2 from now on and in due time remove the nodmraid option.

Regards,

Hans