Re: [Patch grubby] make new-kernel-pkg add the necessary cmdline params for i18n,keyboard and plymouth

Hi,

On 08/07/2009 05:01 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
Hans de Goede (hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
The attached patch adds a --add-dracut-args cmdline option to new-kernel-pkg,
which will make it add the necessary kernel cmdline params for i18n, keyboard and
plymouth when installing a dracut kernel.

This goes hand in hand with a kernel.spec patch which makes dracut using kernels
pass this option in their %post script. I've also attached this patch for completeness.

Setting the theme via the commandline seems odd to me.

Well the theme has to be in the initrd, and we now have one generic initrd for all
systems as part of the kernel package, so the initrd contains multiple themes,
and you can choose through the cmdline.

Which makes me wonder, which ones does the generic initrd contain, Harald ?

Regards,

Hans