Re: Features/YumLangpackPlugin and anaconda consequences

----- "Bill Nottingham" <notting@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My issue here is that this still involves a bunch of separate,
> manually entered groups in comps. I don't have a specific alternate
> proposal yet, though.

Yup, but the main thing IMHO is moving away from conditional packages
with this plugin - there are always going to be some language specific
packages in fedora beyond langpacks: eg optional fonts, input-methods,
and other utilities/tools those can't really be handled without lang
groups, though fonts could be just in @fonts and similarly for @input-methods,
that still leaves the other misc packages, and I still think it is
easier for users to look through a lang group than hunting through
big groups to find extra packages for their language.

I think it is a step in the right direction anyway. :)