Re: RFC: configuration file for storing persistent FCoE information

Hans de Goede wrote:

On 06/08/2009 06:46 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
That is useful, there is one problem with this though, it is a regular
initscript, which means filesystems on fcoe devices cannot be mounted
from rc.sysinit. We can work around this by marking them as _netdev
in their fstab options (otherwise rc.sysinit will drop the system
to a rescue shell when it cannot find them).

There are however issues with marking them as _netdev:
1) This is technically not correct IMHO, FCoE is just a normal external
    "disk", which happens to be plugged in in ethernet port instead of
    a usb stick, but it has nothing to do with the network
    (fibrechannel != network), see below as to why this matters

Well, it requires the link at least to be up, which we don't do until
network/NM.

And which we could easily do for the interface in question from rc.sysinit.

Will fcoe over vlans add any problems to any of these solutions? Just want to make sure.