Re: Possible enumeration approach

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 08:21:24PM +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> On 05/22/2009 06:35 PM, Joel Granados wrote:
>> Hey list.
>>

>> This is a hack that hans proposed for the parted issue.  Don't see this
>> causing any problems.
>> clumens: what do you think of this for a temporary solution for the
>> enumeration issue?
>>
>> Comments appreciated.
>>

> Why do all the
> +        if (ped_disk_enumerate_on())
> +            ped_disk_toggle_do_enumerate();
> +
>
> Everywhere ? The whole idea behind this method was that the application/
> library using libparted would call ped_disk_toggle_do_enumerate() and
> thus control if things are renumbered or not.

This patch was a proof of concept.  I put those in parted/parted.c
because I wanted to see what effect it would have in other parted
execution paths _with_ the enumeration function but partitions not
enumerated.  Thats why I turned back off.
These are not part of the final patch (sorry for posting them).  The
files of the final patch will only include libparted/disk.c.  The
behavior of the parted command will not be affected.

Regards
--
Joel Andres Granados
Brno, Czech Republic, Red Hat.