Re: [PATH] New iswmd parameter for kernel cmdline

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Jacek Danecki (Jacek.Danecki@xxxxxxxxx) said:
These patches add support for new iswmd parameter in kernel command line. When this parameter is included in command line, isw raid array will we activated by mdadm instead of dmraid. This is first set of patches, next will be soon.

Maybe I'm not clear on the plan, but why have this triggered by a
commandline option - why not just switch the default to the preferred
method? It's not something like btrfs where it's a significant difference.

The plan is to switch isw support from dmraid to mdadm.
For me it can done be as you said, but maybe somebody would like to have possibility to change default method.