Anaconda Loader and USB devices

Greetings,

   I am having some trouble with anaconda not recognizing a USB-attached
CDROM drive when attempting to locate the kickstart file (I am running
anaconda 11.4.1.63 from Fedora Core 10/Updates).  Apparently, some time is
needed to allow the USB driver and devices to settle before probing for the
kickstart file.  With the Anaconda version we had previously been using
(11.2.0.66), we had added a call to sleepUntilUsbIsStable() inside of
setupCdrom() and this resolved the issue.  After browsing the current
source, I noticed that the usb.h and usb.c files have been removed, and so
this function is no longer available.  I could easily port it back, but I¹d
rather not, as things like that are usually removed for a reason.  Does
anybody have any suggestions as to a better way to do this?  Is there an
analogous function in this version of anaconda, or available in the kernel
that I am overlooking?

Thank you,
  Jason C. Maestri

--
Jason C. Maestri
Senior Software Engineer

http://www.soleranetworks.com

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.  You should not retain copy or use this e-mail for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.