Re: F11 installer

On Sunday, March 15 2009, solarflow99 said:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 2:21 PM, David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> > On 03/14/2009 10:24 AM, solarflow99 wrote:
> >  - Package Selection.  Is allowing only package groups feasible without
> >> much difficulty?  This package lists are common arent they?
> >>

> > The problem here is where do you stop?  If groups are available, why stop
> > there?  Someone will ask for individual package selections after that and
> > pretty soon we get a complex set of text mode screens to do what we already
> > do in the graphical mode and in kickstart.
> >
> > The %packages section in a kickstart file can do what you're looking for.
> >  Groups specified with '@', packages removed with '-'.
>
> We could stop right at that.  As long as its easy and wont require much code
> maintence?  I dont know that selecting package groups would require much
> more code.

Who's "we"?  Maybe stopping at that is fine for you.  And it's all that
we had implemented for a while.  But more and more and more people began
saying "hey, 'we' need more control with individual package selection",
and it spirals out of control.  The same is true for more advanced
partitioning and everything else.  Saying "this is it" really just isn't
sufficient -- the line basically has to be drawn as there or not.  And
there just aren't enough people hours for "there".

Jeremy