Mirror RAID convert ...

Greetings ...

 Have seen similar dicsuss here before, but can't seem to find the
messages now ...

 Was thinking or hoping, that we could do installs with a degraded
RAID mirror ( single drive ), but I think I saw Jeremy ( could be
wrong ), explain that we could rather reserver extra superblocks, and
convert an ext3 partition to a RAID mirror, with a little less effort.

 So, my question is, where could I find the information to mess with
ext3 to RAID 1 convertion and could we really look at putting this
into anaconda for installs.

 Motivation - Well, we believe in having our boot and OS ( lightly
used ) drives always mirror to keep low, down time, but when we do
upgrades or re-installs, we try and keep one drive out of the install
to recover conf files, setting and the like and once the install is
running ( a day or two ), we then add the drive back into the RAID and
sync.  At the moment, we have to take a spare drive with to do
installs and upgrade and then hardware get's a little out of sync with
what might have been orginally purchased, leaving us with odd sized
drives ...

Thanks
Mailed
LeeT