Re: branch identification for patch review

> Patches are sent to the list for review from all branches of anaconda.
> I'd like to propose a simple improvement to help us identify which
> branch a patch is for:
>
> 1) If your patch is for rawhide, do nothing new.  It is assumed all
> patches without a branch identification are for rawhide.
>
> 2) If your patch is for a branch, use the --subject and/or the --compose
> switch on 'git send-email' to add 'XXX-branch' to the beginning of your
> subject line.

I think this is a good idea.

> If anyone knows a magical git command that will do this automatically,
> please speak up.

There does not appear to be any way with git format-patch to
automatically add this.  At least, there's no arg or config option
mentioned in the man page.

I guess you could use --subject-prefix= to add the branch, but it's
certainly not automatic.

- Chris