Re: working on text mode

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Chris Lumens <clumens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm planning on completely preserving the existing kickstart+text mode
> functionality....
>
> I'm also hoping to make the serial console installs less ugly.

Chris,

With the two things you've outlined you're  hero. People working on
headless servers and embedded environments (like me) need the basics
of textmode to survive.

Have you got an XO? Or is there other exotic hw that you'd want to get
your hands on for testing? (Thinking of hw with limitations such as
lack of network and vga output, odd chipsets...)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff@xxxxxxxxx
 martin@xxxxxxxxxx -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions