Re: Patch set to let us default to ext4 as the rootfs

> Two patches so that we can switch to using ext4 as the default fs, at least
> for now.  The first is a fix for live installs so that ext4 is acceptable
> for them and also cleaning up an error message I added after string freeze
> last time.
>
> The second is the actual guts of switching -- doing it there rather than
> deeper so that we don't switch /boot.
>
> Tested with a live install and was going fine before my kvm guest locked
> up, but that's an unrelated problem :)

There are a couple other places in anaconda where we have lists of
ext3/ext2.  I wonder if it's worth adding ext4 to those places as well.
For instance, look at validateFsTypes in partedUtils.py:

   goodTypes = ['ext3', 'ext2']

Or DiskSet.exceptionDisks:

   func = lambda p: p.is_active() and not p.get_flag(parted.PARTITION_RAID) and not p.get_f lag(parted.PARTITION_LVM) and p.fs_type.name in ["ext3", "ext2", "fat16", "fat32"]

Does ext4 just silently end up looking like ext3 in these places?

Otherwise, this set looks fine to me.  However I am a bit concerned
about any future plans we may have in moving to btrfs by default.  That
could be a ways off, but do we want to move for a release or two only to
move to a new filesystem again so soon?

- Chris