Re: PATCH: open-iscsi: add userspace iscsi library

Mike Christie wrote:
So depending on what kernels you want to support and what features you are going to support FC is going to be a mess too :)

Oh yeah, there is a tool, lsscsi, that knows all this and hides it for you.

Do you need a C type of library? I guesss anaconda guys need it right? lsscsi is just a program, but I think we could libify that to hide all the nasty scsi sysfs stuff. There also fun driver model changes that affect scsi where sometimes there are links to devices and in new kernels it changes, and I do not think anyone wants to mess with.