Re: PATCH: open-iscsi: add userspace iscsi library

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
- No API for enumerating the LUNs in a target once you're logged in ?
open-iscsi / iscsiadm does not do this, it merely creates a virtual scsi adapter and then the generic kernel scsi code does this (AFAIK).

iscsiadm has a command to at least list the LUNs from an active target
though not providing the corresponding device names. Getting this info
is one of the more tedious things, because poking around in sysfs to
find the devices matching the LUNs is very troubleprone due to changing
structure of sysfs, and changing output of iscsiadm. Having an API for
listing LUNS and their device paths would be very valuable.

What are you guys going for other transport like Fibre Channel? I am asking because I was thinking we need a more generic tool/lib that would handle this type of thing for all transports.