Re: Anaconda merge review

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
Honestly, guys, I was offering to do the actual review; I just need to
know that someone is listening to the commentary.

Hans, you've assigned the ticket to yourself; are you indicating that
you want to conduct the review, or that you want to deal with the
comments?

Actually David assigned it to me, the idea is for me to respond to the comments, so add me to the CC and assign to yourself as reviewer.

In any case, here are some comments:

Thanks, can you please copy and paste those to bugzilla, where they IMHO belong? Then I'll respond there.

Regards,

Hans

No %{?dist} tag, but I understand why you folks have no need of that.

Is the source available for download anywhere?  The Source0: URL
should be downloadable if at all possible.  The spec should at minimum
include some instructions for checking out of an SCM.

As of FC-5, it is not actually necessary to have:
  Requires(post): desktop-file-utils >= %{desktopfileutilsver}
  Requires(postun): desktop-file-utils >= %{desktopfileutilsver}
as long as you use the recommended update-desktop-database
scriptlets.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ScriptletSnippets#desktop-database

%post
/usr/bin/update-desktop-database %{_datadir}/applications &> /dev/null || :

%postun
/usr/bin/update-desktop-database %{_datadir}/applications &> /dev/null || :

Is there any reason to keep this bit:
%triggerun -- anaconda < 8.0-1
/sbin/chkconfig --del reconfig >/dev/null 2>&1 || :

Anaconda < 8.0 was, what, pre-RHL-8?

There's some minor permission weirdness, like
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/syslinux.cfg and
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pyrc.py are executable, and also
some shell scripts that don't have a shebang line like
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/mk-images.s390.  I'll spare everyone here
the full listing; just run rpmlint and look at the
script-without-shebang errors.

 - J<