Re: Possible failure when checking "Updates" repository

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 19:36 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Hi,
> Now that in anaconda, during package selection, you can enable the
> "Updates" repository for a given release, has anyone thought of the
> following scenario?
> - You select/enable the "Updates" repository
> - Included in your selection of packages is package foo, available in
> both the "Fedora/" repository as well as the "Updates" repository
> - Package foo (from "Updates") now requires package bar, which is in
> "Everything/" (not in "Fedora/"), but hasn't been updated since GA (e.g,
> is not available in the "Updates" repository)
> This would cause failed dependencies if the "Updates" repository is
> enabled during installation, also enable the "Everything" repository.
> Let me know if this doesn't make any sense.

I've had this exact issue when trying to install RHEL 4.7 or 5.2 with an
"updates" repository that has pre-4.7 or 5.2, respectively, because of
the Firefox 1.5 -> XULRunner 1.9 + Firefox 3.0 split.

--
Bryan J Smith - Senior Consultant - Red Hat GPS SE US
mailto:bjs@xxxxxxxxxx      +1 (407) 489-7013 (Mobile)