Re: proposal - auto updates mechanism

> You have to distribute in the same way that people get them.  The git
> repo becomes fuzzy as to whether or not it satisfies.  Given that there
> could conceivably be, eg, isys changes, it probably behooves us to just
> always build a new package and push it into the -updates repository if
> we're going to go this route.  But doing so raises the pricklies for me
> of managing and doing updates while still juggling all of the other
> things that have to be done for the next release.

I'm not at all considering a large volume of patches, so I doubt we'll
get bogged down in making anaconda updates.  I think if we ever fixed
more than around five bugs in an updates.img, it means we should never
have released with that version of anaconda.  So perhaps we'd do as many
as two updates to the released version.

Of course having said this, I know there's going to be pressure from
various sides to release updates.  And I know that having to do updates
for this mechanism to work is only going to increase that pressure, but
I feel it's worth it to take care of the one or two bugs that frequently
seem to crop up immediately after release and impact a significant
minority of installers.

- Chris