Re: storage rewrite bugs

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 15:13:49 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That might be an ever better solution. For raid 1 you could just make it
> a raid array and then add the other disks. For other raid levels you should
> be able to set up a degraded array and dd the block device over. Afterwards

Actually not. I forgot that raid 1 is the only raid level where the raid
array size is going to be essentially the same size as the element size.
So that leaving off 64KB (or whatever) isn't all that helpful. For raid 1
you might as well set up the array. It doesn't even need to be incomplete
since mdadm supports raid 1 arrays with 1 element.
Being able to use degraded arrays is somewhat separate.