Re: LUKS and upgrades

Bruno Wolff III (bruno@xxxxxxxx) said:
> > For yum upgrades, this actually works as well, *for the kernel you
> > upgraded to.* If you want to still boot your older kernel, you need to
> > remake the initrd.
>
> Presumably I got caught because I was tracking updates closely and some
> intermediate state didn't work?
>
> So I should be able to close 468955 now?

I think so. If you've got a non-rawhide install to test upgrades from, that
would help, but I couldn't make it fail in that specific way.

(If you start the upgrade and it fails, your fstab will be rewritten and
you won't be able to boot the old kernel cleanly. Then again, if you
fail mid-upgrade, there are so many other ways you can have issues that I
don't think it's worth trying to work around that.)

Bill