Re: Left over master branch pychecker warnings

Hi all,

<note rearranging the order of things a bit to but similar warnings together>

Chris Lumens wrote:
isys/isys.py:898: Function return types are inconsistent

If this were None vs. a dict then it'd be NOTABUG as far as I'm
concerned.  The addition of whatever devices_prop_iface is means we need
to ask dcantrell.

>> rescue.py:82: Function return types are inconsistent
>> text.py:461: Function return types are inconsistent
>
> I think the call to OkCancelWindow here results in the return value
> magically getting returned.  I know we do this sort of thing in the gui
> interface (check all the *Window methods in gui.py:InstallInterface and
> follow the tags).

Ok, so what do we do with these warnings, we can disable them completely using
--no-returnvalues

Or filter them out on a file by file basis (The warning is to generic to be able to filter per function).

autopart.py:201: Using integer division (start / 1024) may return integer or float

iw/lvm_dialog_gui.py:91: Using integer division (pesize / 1024) may return integer or float
Probably worth fixing just to be absolutely correct.

Ok, call me a python newbie (I am) so how do I fix those, by using a cast like in C ?

installclass.py:60: Methods (createbug, getbug, getbugs, getversion, login, query) in AbstractFiler need to be overridden in a subclass

This is by design.  The AbstractFiler's methods will never be called
since AbstractFiler.supportsFiling returns False.  NOTABUG.

So filter this case, or filter all warnings of this type using --no-abstract ?

iscsi.py:319: string.atoi is deprecated
iw/lvm_dialog_gui.py:282: string.atoi is deprecated

Again, worth fixing for correctness I suppose.

Jeremy disagrees, so what will it be, I can easily disabel all deprecated warnings using --no-deprecated

iw/partition_ui_helpers_gui.py:51: Comparisons with True are not necessary and may not work as expected

I've cleaned up a bunch of these pychecker warnings in the past so it's
worth fixing this one now.

So I guess the:
"if rc == True:"
Should become:
"if rc:"

network.py:697: Using is not , may not always work

'is not' should probably be '!=' here.

Shall I fix that then or should we wait for dcantrell?

Regards,

Hans