anaconda partitions

Hi:

	We've had an interesting couple of days.

We finally received some new Dell 2950's. I was suppose to load up and configure one for Project X. Project X provided a Kickstart file
so I got it working with our network boot.

I tested the Kickstart file on a workstation I had back in the lab and it loaded up just fine so brought the 2950 back to the lab for loading.

It loaded just fine and when it went to reboot it would just get an error and hang there. I thought maybe there might be an issue with loading as4 on this 2950, so I thought I would try an interactive install using el5.

It loaded el5 (taking all the defaults) up just fine and then when it rebooted, it would hang just like the as4 load had done.

The next time I loaded it I selected the modify partition table option so I could see what it had done for the previous load. It contained to partitions, the first one was around 800Gigs and the other one listed as free was 2 Terabytes. When I had done the previous load though it had indicated that the lvm was going to use the whole 2.8 terabytes. This time I only selected around 80 Gigs of the drive and ignored the rest, it rebooted just fine.

I than changed Partition table from dos to gpt, but after doing this I was not able to get the machine loaded as it disk setup said it had to be a dos partition.

I was finally able to get hw raid configured as two virtual drives instead of one and was able to get the os loaded on drive /dev/sdb partition table msdos and able to get /dev/sda partition table gpt partitioned using parted and was than able to make an ext3 file system and mount it up. It contained around 2.5 TB.

I just wanted to let you know some of the issues we are starting to have now that we are getting in new systems with the ability of having a drive (currently via raid but probably via a signle drive in a couple of years) over 2 TB, which of course is messing up the anaconda load.

	Thankss

	Leslie