Re: buildinstall/mk-images and isolinux.cfg problems

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 01:37:19PM -0000, Moray Henderson (ICT) spake thusly:
> Are those 3c501, 3c503, 3c505 and the other modules supposed to be part
> of the standard kernel, or did you get them from somewhere else?  Hmm,

I have not added any modules or compiled any custom kernels here. If it is
expecting them they should have come with the standard CentOS kernel.

> If you're doing it this way, you're supposed to need buildinstall to
> provide the images your CD needs to boot.  There is at least one hidden
> file, /.discinfo, that needs to be present and usually gets missed if
> you just copy the contents of a CD.  I don't know what other manual
> steps would be necessary.  There is a tool called Revisor
> (http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/) which may help you if you are running
> a graphical environment.  I'm told it can handle CentOS.

I used rsync to mirror the whole CentOS 5.2 repository. So I have the
.discinfo file and instead of copying the ISO I just modified and ran
mkisofs on /centos/5.2/os/x86_64 which I understand is what CentOS built
their CD's off of. But with all of the trouble I have been having I think
I will try copying the iso and modifying the stuff in there and rebuilding
it.

> You're right, that does sound weird.  I think I see the problem, though:
> you need an extra slash in the URI for your kickstart file.  At least,

I tried that. No go. :( I have ks.cfg in / and in /isolinux and have tried
using two slashes and all kinds of other permutations.

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org