Re: Creating an ext 2 image update

Arthur Rodrigo Sawazachi Valadares wrote:
Hi Joel, I was doing something just like that. But this is what I'm
still getting, after using your method as well:
I created the image with $./mkimage /tmp yuminstall.py
and I copied the /tmp/ud.img to the http server.
Then I booted RHEL with updates=HTTPPATH/ud.img.
Got this after setting the NFS path on installer:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 895, in ?
    from yuminstall import YumBackend
  File "/tmp/updates/yuminstall.py", line 21, in ?
    from errors import *

^^^ it tell you that the error is in your yuminstall.py in line 21.  This means that the updates thing is working but your file has something fishy in it.

Comments:
- be sure not to mix different files from different anacondas.  if your working with a rhel5 anaconda use the yuminstall from rhel5.
  even the subversion is important.
- do a pylint check before anything.
- add all the files that you changed.

Hope it helps.