Re: Reipl support (David Cantrell)

John Summerfield wrote:
> fwiw I'm subscribed to the Linux-390 hosted by Marist. AFAICS people
> generally don't use the vendor's install procedure very much, atm
> they're discussing procedures to clone and customise systems, and some
> discussion as to whether it's better done in VM or in Linux: the Linux
> proponent has just said he can have a new system on the network in under
> a minute.

Absolutely. However, those are experienced users having a framework for
doing their Linux cloning. Think of potential new customers doing a
proof of concept or similar installing RHEL for the first time. IMHO,
chances are quite high, they use the distro installer anaconda and we
should make their life as easy as possible.

Steffen Maier

Linux on System z Development
Schönaicher Straße 220
D-71032 Böblingen

e-Mail: maier@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone:  +49-(0)7031-16-2354
Fax:    +49-(0)7031-16-3456

Internal address: Kst. 3282, 71032-06-022

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen