Re: Reipl support

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 09:26 -1000, David Cantrell wrote:
> 4) I would wrap the open/write/close to /var/run/sigusr in a try-
> except block since that could fail.  Also, I suggest using fp.write()
> to write lines to a file rather than print.  Two reasons.  First is
> consistency with the rest of the anaconda code.  Second is that the
> print statement will go away in Python 3000 and the fewer of those we
> have to rewrite in the future, the better.

Also, it's not entirely clear to me why this is really needed.  What
would lead to setting the reipl failing?  The cases that I see are all
cases where the answer is "doomed" and so we might as well just always
do the reboot.  And that then makes things always act the same rather
than adding yet another bogon weird code path for s390

Jeremy