Reipl support

Hello,

I am working on a feature for the 390 architecture called reipl. It allows the vm to be rebooted into a specific partition. On scenario where this would be usefull is after the initial install, the vm should boot from the newly installed partition and not from the reader (where it initially booted from).

It constists of three peices.

1) A Python module, Reipl.py, which reads and writes the settings from the firmware (among other things).
2) A patch to anaconda main python module. At the end of the installation, it will call Reipl.py with the boot partition. It will then write the success of reipl into a file called /var/run/sigusr.
3) A patch to anaconda's loader to read the file /var/run/sigusr and send the appropriate signal (either shutdown or reboot) to linuxrc process.

Open issues:
1) Currently, Reipl.py is hard installed into /usr/sbin. I would like to create an rpm package for Reipl consisting of just that file. Is /usr/sbin a good place for it?

2) /usr/sbin is not in sys.path. I have to append sys.path before importing Reipl. Is this okay?

Are there any other issues with this code?

(See attached file: anaconda-11.1.2.113.patch)
(See attached file: Reipl.py)

Mark

Common Information Model/Web-Based Enterprise Management at http://www.openpegasus.org/
Take a look at the Linux Omni Printer Driver Framework at http://omniprint.sourceforge.net/