Re: die, methods, die

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 11:45 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> - Since very few people will be getting the method selection screen in loader,
>   most people won't have networking up when we get to stage2.  That means in
>   order to use the mirrorlist, we have to use the NetworkConfigurator.  This
>   isn't quite ideal, but David's going to have a giant networking patch one
>   of these days so I'm not really going to bother.

I don't know that this is worse than the current state, though.  The
NetworkConfigurator has the advantage of being accessible to people in
more languages :)

> Current problems:
> - Media check is commented out.  My intention here is to move this to stage2
>   if possible.

So the question I'd have about this is what do we do to ensure that
reading the stage2 isn't bad.  But maybe that's less of a problem these
days.

> Anyway this isn't 100% working but it seems good enough for me to consider
> committing.  I've tested boot.iso and pxebooting with HTTP, NFS, and a DVD
> and those all worked decently.  The big problem for me right now is the error
> handling.  But that can be beefed up once this stuff goes in and I have an
> easier time testing.

It sounds good to me from the high-level.  And the patches look pretty
reasonable from a quick look through them

Jeremy