Re: Dependencies Anaconda (buildinstall)

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 09:44 +0200, Leslie Herps || Novacle B.V. wrote:

> Now, I will ONLY be using a kickstarted text installer, no graphical mode.
> Now, how would I go about building a distro, without the build-dependencies
> in the Packages/ directory. Is it possible to put them elsewhere, and then
> point to that directory: "look here for your dependencies"..?

I'm not sure if it made it to F9's anaconda version, but in rawhide
buildinstall can take multiple repos as arguments when you execute it.
Instead of just pointing to the path where the packages are downloaded,
you can also pass in other URIs to yum repos where more packages may be.
This will actually allow anaconda to use other packages not in your
compose set for the sake of building up the installer images, and you
can avoid having anaconda itself in the actual payload of your compose.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!