Re: file bugs to bugzilla from anaconda

> * bugUrl doesn't have to be a bugzilla instance.  And are the XML-RPC
> methods being used even available at other bugzilla instances?  There
> probably needs to be a way to say that this bug instance "supports"
> things filed in this manner.
>   * Maybe this should be rolled in to the question of what to do about
> product.img

After talking with Will for a while, an idea has begun to form in my
head.  As we've already discussed elsewhere in this thread, different
products use entirely different bug reporting systems.  Therefore we
probably need some sort of abstract layer on top of python-bugzilla that
hides all the details.

This layer could define some base class that doesn't actually do
anything.  Then, the anaconda install classes could hold a reference to
their bug reporting class.  The default BaseInstallClass uses the
useless base bug reporting class.  Our more interesting install classes
make use of the Bugzilla class.  This holds all the information about it
being a supported method, XML-RPC works, etc.

We could even toss the install class file in a product.img that sits
alongside the stage2.img like we were discussing, if that makes things
easier.  I don't really know how to make this work with the tree
composition scripts in anaconda, though.  Ideas?  Am I just going crazy?

> * Keeping scp support seems to have some value, so I don't know that I'd
> replace it.  Not sure what the right UI then is for choosing what to do
> with your traceback.  Maybe something like the firefox download dialog
>     [-----------------------------------]
>     | Blah.  We crashed.  Some info.    |
>     |    v Traceback details            |
>     | o Save to local disk              |
>     | o Send to bugzilla                |
>     | o Save to remote server           |
>     [-----------------------------------]

By popular demand, this is done.  I'll have another patch later once I
finish my testing that the various save methods still work.

> * Should think hard about the right things to hash on.  Especially given
> different products using the same/similar anaconda

Okay, what are your thoughts about what we should hash on?  If you're
concerned that various products are going to have the same bug and those
end up getting duped when they should be separate, we can always add the
productName into the hash.

I'd really like to get the hash value into its own field, but that's
going to tie the code to a specific bugzilla instance.  And then what do
we do on all the other instances?   It feels like we're going to need
some very specific code to handle all these sorts of things.

> * It's a little scary to do this without a triager on the primary place
> we expect to be getting the bugs... :)

Ah but we have one now, at least for the summer!

- Chris