Re: Anaconda Customization (was Re: Customized Distribution)

Thanks for the guidance.   Maybe we can get this in for CentOS 5.2

I've signed up to the CentOS bug tracking system, I'll submit a Patch to the patchfile.

Matt

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 16:48 +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
Matt Rose wrote:
> Just as an aside, when I tried to build my own customized distribution,
> I gave up on following what scant documentation was available (mainly on
> the wiki) and just read the source for documentation.  I highly
> recommend it if you can read python.
>
> The failure point seems to be familiar, and I'm pretty sure that it's a
> CentOS patch to anaconda that's causing the problem.  Thanks for
> reminding me to submit this to the CentOS guys.
>
> In anaconda-centos-splittree_allow_missing_RPMSdir.patch there is a
> patch that changes this line:
>

> -                p = os.popen('find %s/ -type f -not -name .discinfo' % self.dist_dir, 'r')
>
> to this line
>
> +                p = os.popen('find %s/ -type f -not -name .discinfo -not -name *.rpm' % self.dist_dir, 'r')
>

> which breaks on my machine.  I honestly have no idea how CentOS builds
> with this patch, unless they're using a weird version of find.
>
> I changed the line to this:
>
> +                p = os.popen('find %s/ -type f -not -name .discinfo -not -name \'*.rpm\'' % self.dist_dir, 'r')
>

> And that got things working again
>
> HTH.  Let me know if this works.  Are there any CentOS developers on
> this list who can tell me how to submit a patch?
>
> Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm not one of the CentOS developers, but think I can give you some
directions.

CentOS has a bugtracker here: <http://bugs.centos.org/my_view_page.php>
You can create an issue there. And maybe additionally a note to
centos-devel@xxxxxxxxxx?

Cheers,
Niels