Re: file bugs to bugzilla from anaconda

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 03:33:08PM -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > > Unknown as to whether other bugzillas support the XML-RPC.
> >
> > How about making this a bit more generic so that someone could write
> > support for something other than Bugzilla? For instance rPath and
> > Foresight use JIRA which supports both a SOAP and XML-RPC interface.
>
> Well sure, we could put some layer on top of python-bugzilla and then
> adapt anaconda to use that.  Will, thoughts?

I think, that all the hashing code should go into the "between" layer
instead of Anaconda. Because we may consider changing that in the future
(it just can happen) and some people will be reporting old bugs with
even older releases (think RHEL with really old anaconda at that time).

With the detection code in anaconda it will be:
1) another possibility for errors, mistakes and typos
2) using older duplicate detection mechanism

And also adapting the "between" layer to new bugzilla API (which can happen too)
will be much easier, than converting all ancient media someone has.

--
Martin Sivak
msivak@xxxxxxxxxx

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
http://cz.redhat.com
Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic
Registered in Brno under #CZ27690016