Re: loader/stage2 interaction

>> For other booting methods, I don't know right now.  I'm sure we can
>> figure something out for CDs and the like.
>
> grub supports multiple module lines, are those useful?

Unknown.  We'd have to investigate.

>> Hm, no, it's not my intention to remove all the support for customizing
>> ISO image installs.  I do want to keep around the implicit updates.img
>> locations so you don't have to rebuild images, as I agree that's a
>> total pain.  We just need to think up good ways to support these
>> customizations without creating a giant mess.
>
> Does updates.img provide a way to sneak a kickstart file in?
> Is updates.img sought automatically? or does one need to add the the kernel
> options?

No, you can't put a kickstart file in an updates.img and have it work.
But then, you couldn't do that with RHupdates/ either could you?

Each method has its own special locations where an updates.img can be
placed and anaconda will automatically grab it.  For instance, on an
HDISO or NFSISO installation, an updates.img in the same directory with
the ISO images will get picked up and used.

Besides that no, you have to add updates[=<url>] for anaconda to pick
one up.

- Chris