Re: loader/stage2 interaction

Elliot Peele wrote:
<much needed snipping>

Greetings Elliot,
This might not work for your particular use case, but thought it worth
tossing out there.  Would firstboot plugins make sense for some of the
local customizations you're looking for?

NOTE: I'm coming at this from a reducing test paths perspective

firstboot doesn't really work for us for a few reasons.

* We don't include firstboot due to its dependency on selinux
* This is intended for software appliances where we want minimal user
  interaction post install.

I was using the idea of firstboot before Red Hat introduced it; all you need is to put some scripts in place (~root if you wish) and then run them, either from /etc/rc.local or from /etc/init.d with the usual symlinks. I used to put them in place from %post, but there's nothing preventing them from being packaged if that's your preference.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait