Re: loader/stage2 interaction

> > It may have in the past.  It hasn't as long as I've been working on
> > anaconda, which admittedly has only been three years now.
>
> We did long ago, but removed the support due to an extreme number of
> cases where people would only mirror the things they "thought" they
> needed and then end up in a bad place.  If we go back to supporting it,
> we need to add some significant checking to ensure that the packages are
> there in advance

Ugh, okay.  So then we're in the situation where the repo metadata
refers to (potentially) tons of packages that don't exist.  You know, if
the stage2 also contained createrepo we could just rebuild the metadata
on the hard drive partition and.... wait, no, bad idea.

Realistically we could be in the same position with NFS installs as
well.  However I bet a lot more people would do HD installs than NFS
installs so we are probably setting ourselves up for real problems here
if we re-enable this.

I'm not attached to the idea.  It just seems like we've already got all
the code in place to do it.

- Chris