Re: extend the --ignoredisk option

John Summerfield wrote:
Joel Andres Granados wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 12:19 +0200, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
Jeremy Katz wrote:
What's actually trying to be solved by adding this?
ignore swap.

Ignore it how?  Just don't use it during install?  Don't add it to the
fstab?  What's the use case.

Ignoring on install time. It becomes relative when the installer sees swap partitions that are being used. Might have a disk thats only swap partitions for virtual hosts. If you include that disk in an installation, anaconda will use all the swaps. see 70477.

So you're installing to a real disk on a guest system?

Well its not me, but I'm pretty sure its possible.

I'm not sure I want Anaconda poking around in there.

yep, its not a good idea.

Any thoughts anyone to installing into a partition (say /dev/sdb2) and letting the guest use it as a whole disk.

The bug specifically talks about using it as a swap disk.  Which is not completely inconceivable to me.

You'd have an mbr in /dev/sdb2 which, one hopes, nobody will try to boot in the wrong context.

If you have a disk, yes. but if you have swap files, this would not be a problem.

--
Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic