Re: extend the --ignoredisk option

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 18:39 +0200, Joel Andres Granados wrote:
What do you guys think about including uuids in the --ignoredisk option? For now I'm thinking of a patch that ignores swap devices based on uuid, but I think it could be extended to whatever uses uuid in anaconda. This could be a staging point for a new --ignoreswap option or for redefining the --ignoredisk into --ignorestorage (a more general way of defining what needs to be ignored). There are lots of pros and cons for each one. Would like to hear what everyone thinks :)

ignoredisk has been about disks and not partitions, so uuids don't
entirely match up.  So having it in the same option seems a little bit
wonky.

Yep, I agree.  just thought that having it all in one option would be tidy.

What's actually trying to be solved by adding this?

ignore swap.

What do you think about having --ignoreuuid.  This would be really usefull as a way of ignoring whatever has a uuid.  It could be a fall back method. when the --ignoredisk cant be used.

--
Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic