on creating driver disks

I had in mind the idea of doing a network install of CentOS5. The primary impediment is that the target machine's going to be wireless just as soon as I stick my wireless card in it.

Support for the card's not an issue, the prism54 driver in Ubuntu Warty's been working fine for years.

What I think I would like is a driver disk.

Not really knowing how to create one, I asked Google. Google is full of helpful advice "download dd.img and write it to a floppy" that misses the mark, and I found Doug Ledford's kit and comments which is a bit nearer the mark, but not really. I've read through it and got a bit of an idea, but I think it's not going to work.

I need the driver (and I'm supposing I have a suitable one already built, but if not then I _can_ address that), and I need to load firmware for the wireless card.

Now I'm sure I can open up the initrd and add the necessary magic, but that doesn't seem the One True Way.

In the interests of getting this working before me cheese gets back, I'm going to work around the issue, but it does raise some questions"

1. Is Doug's documentation the best there is?
2. Assuming I popped the right prism53.ko and appropriate files (including firmware) on to a floppy disk in the proper layout, would it actually work?
3. Where is the layout of the disk described?
4. Where is the content of the support files described?

--
CU

John

--