Re: RFC: Don't label filesystems

I remember bringing up the problem of non-unique partition labels and so on on the fedora list maybe 3 months ago.

To me, the biggest problem was that if the same label existed on more than one disk, the system would mount the LAST of the partitions that had matching label name, rather than checking if there was a matching one ON THE SAME DISK AS /boot.

To me, this is the biggest weakness of the current system. If only this could be fixed I'd be very happy, never mind all the more advanced stuff.