git patch sending scripts

jkeating mentioned these scripts might be useful, so I figured I'd share them with the list.

Make changes locally, use 'git-format-patch origin' to generate a bunch of patches.  And then use git-send-email to send them to the list.  I like sending an intro message with all the patches as replies to that initial email.  I also dislike the default behavior of git-send-email where you get the stair-step reply chain of patches.  So I made these scripts:

http://dcantrel.fedorapeople.org/git-msg-template

No arguments.  Creates a file called _msg in the current directory that is your intro email.  Fill in the blanks (i.e., subject line and body).  It attaches .signature and creates a sane email header.  Run this script and edit _msg before you run:

http://dcantrel.fedorapeople.org/git-throw-over-fence

One argument, the destination email address.  I run 'git-throw-over-fence anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx'.  This script expects _msg to exist and then it runs git-format-patch origin for your changes.  It runs git-send-email and uses --no-chain-replyto so you don't get that annoying stairstep effect.

The scripts are stupid, but they might be useful to you.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Red Hat / Honolulu, HI