Re: Minimal systems

Gary Thomas wrote:
Chris Lumens wrote:
Just thinking out loud. Could there be a requirement path from kernel to selinux? It could be whats happening here?

Yes, that's exactly what's going on here.  Something in @base has a
requirement on an selinux package, and those requirements get pulled in
regardless of what is removed in the kickstart %packages section since

Sorry, I don't buy it.  From a fully loaded Fedora 8 system:
  # rpm -q --whatrequires selinux-policy
  no package requires selinux-policy
  # rpm -q --whatrequires selinux-policy-targeted
  no package requires selinux-policy-targeted

Also, I used pungi to rebuild my base repository (the one I was
testing with was created by hand) and there's no selinux-*
packages anywhere.  Installing from this repository works just
fine.

use `rpmquery` for those types of queries :)
Additionally the requires does not have to be at the first level.  To tell you the truth don't know in what level it might be in.  Havent done the math.  If you by any chance discover it, post it here.  I would be interested in seeing exactly where that happens. :)

Regards.

--
Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic