Re: CD and DVD ISO images

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
John Summerfield wrote:
There exists a problem for those who want both CD and DVD-sized images. I've just done a census of the computers around here, and there's a few that have CD drives, not DVD.

Can you try and explain to me how this is efficient given the ambition to release DVD ISO images and CD ISO images for Fedora 9?

DVD images about 3.5 Gbytes?
therefore CD images about 3.5 Gbytes

My plan
CD images imbedded in DVD images about 3.5 Gbytes
Saving
About 3.5 Gbytes

Having another DVD just containing the CD ISO images doesn't really make sense to me.

I didn't say "Another DVD." The DVD image containing CD images would be installable.

The InstallMethod for CDROM would become more like installing from hard disk.

Also, I'm confused what is the real purpose. The DVD ISO image you can loop mount and publish via HTTP/FTP, or use off an NFS share to install

I had some difficulty doing that, those media URLs break things. There was some discussion here or on fedora users or test about it, and the best I could find was to run createrepo above the mount point.

with... I'm not sure I see the value of a DVD ISO image needing to be loop mounted in order to expose CD ISO images.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Cheers